Freak on Alicia 010
1. What is your Derby Name and Number?
Freak On Alicia #010
2. What is the significance of your name and number?
My derby name is a play on the Korn song, Freak On A Leash and my real name, Alicia.
My number is up for interpretation. Some folks think it’s binary, some think it’s because I like owls (it kind of looks like an owl face). I like to leave the mystery!
3. How did you get started playing roller derby?
I was working with Josie Savage (Notorious VIP) and got hooked after watching her play.
4. How long have you been skating?
5. What is your favorite derby position to play?
I’ve really come into my own as a blocker, but lately I’ve been working on my jammer game.
6. What is your greatest derby achievement so far?
Winning the Season 9 Championship with my hometeam, the Hoover Damned!
7. Do you have a derby crush? Who is it?
I’ve had so many! I’d say my biggest derby crush is Smarty Pants. Her athleticism, skill, and dedication to the sport are awe-inspiring.
8. What is your day job?
I train people in the fine art of good customer service, and I love it!
9. Who is the biggest influence in your life?
My stepmom, Linda. She has always loved me as if I were her own, without judgement or doubt. She’s been there for me more times than I can count; always offering encouraging words, a cheesy joke and a warm hug. She’s the rock of our family.
10. What is the strangest thing in your purse or wallet right now?
A fountain pen, it’s all I write with anymore.
11. Tell us one thing about yourself that we wouldn’t expect?
I played the accordion as a kid. I really wish I had kept that up.